POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Alp Flower : Alp Flower Server Time
18 Aug 2024 04:15:07 EDT (-0400)
  Alp Flower
From: Andy Cocker
Date: 25 Jun 2001 15:52:28
Message: <3b37967c@news.povray.org>
Hi,

Before everyone asks for the cloud code, I'll own up. I cheated.. the
background including sea is from Terragen. It's not really cheating tho, as
this was an experiment in using a background image.

I have a question though: when focal blur is used, a different method of
anti-aliasing is used. Is there any way that this can be controlled *in the
parts of the image that are in focus*? In this image, there are a few
jaggies near the centre of the 'flower' that I cannot get to disappear. I've
gone as high as 160 blur_samples and 0 variance, and I definitely don't want
to have to render at a much higher resolution and re-sample downwards (it
would take too long).

All the best,

Andy Cocker

Post a reply to this message